New Adventures in My Kitchen
Have you ever shelled (I guess thats the right word) cooked garbanzo beans? I hadn't until earlier today.
Since moving here I've been over to my sister in laws house quite often, and she is a fan of hummus. Well, I've not ever really been a fan of hummus, but she had a pine nut hummus that was so yummy! Well, of course that inspired me to make my own hummus :) See I have this problem...I just can't be happy and go out and buy things like hummus, I have to make it.
So I did some research and found a recipe that a lot of people had a lot of good things to say about. It was a basic base hummus recipe the said to use canned garbanzo beans and tahini. Well, I didn't have tahini, but I did have sesame seeds. And with the canned garbanzo beans, I read that if you take the shells/skins off of them it makes for a smoother hummus.
So began the process of my hummus.
First I roasted the sesame seeds and some garlic for later. Blended up the sesame seeds with oil to make tahini. Skinned/shelled the garbanzo beans then started adding all the ingredients into my food processor. And I think it turned out quite good actually :) My sister in law and a friend also tried it and said it was pretty good.
So...all in all..I had fun making it and it turned out pretty good!
It was a good day :)
Since moving here I've been over to my sister in laws house quite often, and she is a fan of hummus. Well, I've not ever really been a fan of hummus, but she had a pine nut hummus that was so yummy! Well, of course that inspired me to make my own hummus :) See I have this problem...I just can't be happy and go out and buy things like hummus, I have to make it.
So I did some research and found a recipe that a lot of people had a lot of good things to say about. It was a basic base hummus recipe the said to use canned garbanzo beans and tahini. Well, I didn't have tahini, but I did have sesame seeds. And with the canned garbanzo beans, I read that if you take the shells/skins off of them it makes for a smoother hummus.
So began the process of my hummus.
First I roasted the sesame seeds and some garlic for later. Blended up the sesame seeds with oil to make tahini. Skinned/shelled the garbanzo beans then started adding all the ingredients into my food processor. And I think it turned out quite good actually :) My sister in law and a friend also tried it and said it was pretty good.
So...all in all..I had fun making it and it turned out pretty good!
It was a good day :)




