Change: Sleep and Sanity
It's time for a few changes around here...
First, how do you like the background? :) Couldn't pass up the chance to do anything with Halloween (since it's my favorite holiday and all)!
Second..my little girl has been having a rough time sleeping at night so we're having an intervention. See I have sat down with her and explained to her about day time and night time and how night time is the time to sleep. Well..that didn't get us very far so...I begged for tips on how to "sleep train" our little one from a cousin of mine who recently did the same with her little boy. Well...first night (last night) was a success!!! Oh sleep is a wonderful thing! I know its only the first night and we may have some rough nights ahead of us, but all I can think of is the final outcome and all that wonderful sleep we will be getting! She did wake up at midnight (normal like clockwork for her) but I snuck in and turned on her mobile...she only fussed for about 8 minutes than slept until...get this...9:20 am!!! Wow! That was nice. So we will continue to follow this routine and hope for the best and I will be thanking my cousin for the tips :) Another part of this routine is no more naps in her swing! She would sleep 2 sometimes even 3 hours in her swing during the day. The swinging motion would keep her asleep and I'm sure that she is becoming dependant on the swinging motion for her to stay asleep. So now she take naps in her crib. I'm hoping it will help her get used to going to sleep in her bed :)


This morning I picked out a little outfit for her to wear, and it kinda makes me a little sad. She's wearing a shirt and jeans...no onesie :( She's getting so big, but she's doing a cute job of it!
Another thing that is changing is our fence. Sounds strange, huh? Well see I have these two huge animals we call dogs (some would argue small horse) that have gotten into the lovely habit of barking at EVERYTHING! People walk down the street or ride their bikes or walk their dogs, or drive by....get the point. Well these two lovely dogs of mine bark and bark and they are far from quiet dogs so I ordered privacy slats for our chainlink fence. They will be quite upset that they don't get to see every little thing that goes on outside of their yard, but I'm hoping that it will cut back on some of the barking. It will definitely be a pain to put up, so here's hoping its worth it! Yup..that roll is it..I get to cut each one out individually...
I think most of the things that are changing around here are to help me keep my sanity, that is if it's still salvageable :)
I'm sure I'll keep you updated on our changes!





what a little cutie. i have four little cutie daughters, so i'm especially fond of girls!
and cute background.
the sleepy time gal